Otology-neuro otology; Rhinology, Facial plastic surgery, Head & Neck surgery, Pediatric otorhinolaryngology, Laryngology, Audiology and Voice pathology divisions of Ear, Nose Throat department work in close collaboration with other departments such as Ophtalmology, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Neurosurgery, Endocrin (Thyroid) Surgery, Endocrinology, Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, Radiology, Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology to provide comprehensive care for every problem concerning our department.
· Cochlear implant/brainstem implant program (pre-lingual, post-lingual, patients with inner ear abnormalities)
· Implantable hearing aids such as active middle ear implants and bone anchored hearing aids.
· Surgery for otosclerosis, chronic otitis media, tumors of ear and cerebello-pontine angle.
· Vertigo clinic (diagnosis and treatment of vestibular abnormalities)
· Advanced technology is used such as microscopic and endoscopic ear surgery, use of surgical navigation, neuromonitorization etc.)
Rhinology and Facial Plastic Surgery
· Surgery for nasal obstruction, chronic sinusitis, anterior cranial base problems, hypophyseal and clival tumors..
· Aesthetic surgery of the facial region (rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, face-lift, otoplasty etc..)
· All of the technological advancements are used such as endoscopic surgery, image guided surgery, balloon sinuplasty, radiofrequency, endonasal LASER, phototherapy etc…
· Surgery for sleep disordered breathing ( evaluating patients with apnea and/or snoring, palatal surgery, tongue base advancement, maxillary and mandibular advancement etc…)
· Surgery for maxillofacial trauma.
Head & Neck Surgery
· Surgical treatment of head and neck cancer (nose, paranasal sinuses, nasopharynx, oral cavity, oropharynx, hypopharynx, larynx, cervical esophagus, thyroid)
· Reconstruction of post-surgical defects
· Airway surgery ( surgery for tracheal and laryngeal stenosis)
· Multi-disciplinary approach to treat head and neck cancer patients (close collaboration with medical and radiation oncology)
· Surgery for congenital anomalies (microtia, ear canal stenosis, choanal atresia, cleft palate, laryngomalasia, subglottic and tracheal stenosis, congenital neck masses)
· Surgery for acquired airway stenosis (laryngeal and tracheal stenosis related to prolonged intubation or other causes)
· Treatment of pediatric head & neck tumors
· Medical and surgical treatment of adenoid & tonsil disorders, pediatric sinusitis and pediatric ear infections.
· Diagnosis of voice disorders and their treatment (stroboscopic evaluation, rehabilitation, micro surgical treatment, endo laryngeal LASER surgery)
· Treatment of unilateral and bilateral vocal fold palsy (thyroplasty, arytenoidectomy, posterior cordotomy etc.)
· Advanced technology is used at every step of treatment (video laryngo stroboscopy, voice analysis, micro laryngeal surgery with cold knife and CO2 LASER, contact endoscopy)
Ear, Nose & Throat Laboratories (ENT)
· Audiology Unit & Tympanometric Tests
· Neonatology Otoacoustic Emission Therapy
· Audiovestibular Unit - Electronystagmography (ENG)
· Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT)
· Rhyno Light
· Speech & Language Pathology
In the Audiology Department audiologists and audiometrists perform the following tests at high standards to provide solutions and algorithms for our patients.
The Audiology Laboratories are equipped to test the following indicators crucial to a balanced and comfortable hearing; Pure tone audiometry, speech audiometry, diagnostic tests, impedance audiometry, auditory brain stem response (ABR) (also obtained for NICU babies and babies under risk), acoustic rhinometry, newborn hearing screening (EHDI), auto-acoustic emission, hearing aid evaluation, cochlear implant application and adaptation, vestibular rehabilitation and tinnitus retraining therapy.
ENG Laboratory is used to diagnose and rehabilitate vertigo and dizziness.
Speech and Language Pathology Unit works in collaboration with various departments witha multidisciplinary approach. The Unit provides evaluation and treatment for speech andlanguage disorders seen in children, adolescents and adults.
These include fluency disorders, articulation and phonological disorders, speech and languagedelays, voice disorders, aphasia, motor speech disorders and swallowing disorders. Afterdiagnostic assessment, appropriate therapy program is tailored to the individual’s needs. Inaddition to therapy sessions, caregiver training is also provided as needed.